fifa360.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fifa360.co.uk

Fifa360 Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Match stats idea

Go down 
+4
DKBlaps (Chelsea)
BigManOnCampus0 (Spurs)
chronicwombat
Gaz Eat World(Galacticos)
8 posters
AuthorMessage
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:03 am

Hello lads

what would you guys think of having some extra stats recorded in the match reports?

so for example you could have:

Shots
Shots on Target
Possession
Passing accuracy
Fouls
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

This could then be recorded in their own tables, i think this would act as sort of "scouting" your opponents so you can plan your tactics for the matches.

I appreciate its hard enough to get some people to post decent match reports and also appreciate this would be added work for people but i think it would add a great new dimension to how people would approach the games.

Feedback welcome guys
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:35 am

I usually try to work these stats into my match reports anyway, but i totally agree with van that the more detail the better.

Thinking of no one in partiular, Ive gotta say i think the way that some people do match reports is pretty pathetic (especially when theres an example of how it should be done).

Maybe asking people to post all those details is a little too much work (hopefully FIFA10 will do it for us onto ea website), but i dont see why people cant at least put a motm for every game. Its not like you can miss it - it comes up at the end of every game. Then at least there could be more than just strikers in player of season because we would actually know if someone from another position had a good season.

And as for the people that cant even be bothered to look at who sored against them for the other team - thats just lazy and rude.

rant over lol
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BigManOnCampus0 (Spurs)
Professional
Professional
BigManOnCampus0 (Spurs)

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:49 am

cool idea chronic i think that is a good idea...
Back to top Go down
http://Innsbrook.ecpi.net
DKBlaps (Chelsea)
Professional
Professional
DKBlaps (Chelsea)

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 am

It hink its a good idea mate and could be simplified with this new database coming in - just have every1 submit their own stats directly into the database and then an average supplied on web page for that team??
Back to top Go down

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:59 am

Some people will not put accurate stats and say some people don't even put stats in at all, which could lead to some people looking bad although they have done very good passing/shooting etc but decided not to put it in their stas in to the automatic updated table. Some people may even just put their good game stats in and 'accidently' leave the bad stats games out.
Anybody agree?
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:09 pm

ur dead right renegade,

all ull prob end up wit is stats from the teams that do well,

for example if:
Arsenal beat stoke 4-1
and stoke only manage 2 shots on goal and is defending for most of the match he's barely goin 2 bother postin let alone puttin in stats , and visversa if stoke won 4-1.

but it is a good idea but u would only end up wit inacurate stats. me tinks
Back to top Go down
Mitch Northzzz - Depor
Professional
Professional
Mitch Northzzz - Depor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 pm

edit

Last edited by Mitch_Northzzz on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mitch Northzzz - Depor
Professional
Professional
Mitch Northzzz - Depor

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:31 pm

BIG ISSUE CONCERNING MOTM - Motm shouldn't be a necessant because it's highly problematic, i played against my friend yesterday and we both got different MOTM's in the same game. I didn't know this could happen before yesterday either.
Back to top Go down
Keeno1984
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Keeno1984

Number of posts : 1064
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Possibly worth while looking into for season 4 guys

Would be amazin

couple of probs tho

We couldn't have all members putting stats in as if someone starts cheating and making stats up it would be chaos. also giving access to the stats would mean possible access to lge tables scorers transfers ect (a tad dodgy)

Also as renegade touched on only members like us would post the post proper stats if any, there are a good few who don't just now and with new member coming in with the championship could be more chaos.

Finally its defo too close to the deadline, although the database will save us sooooo much time throughout the season, its been a lot of time and effort making it and adding to it when we have another idea, me my bro and bosic all have full time jobs so its hard to set time away to do it, especially as bosic and myself are trying to keep season 2 running smoothly

P.S MotM aren't compulsory, was just a way to try and give us extra player stats, can only real go with top scorers and looking at goals conceded in the lge table for defense for player of the year ect, it is annoying tho happens to me all the time i always get a different motm to other player

P.P.S Btw don't think im shooting this down in flames or anything, great idea and in theory it would be perfect, if we can work out the main probs i mentioned it could be pos.

DEFO NOT THE END OF

Feel free to continue with any ways to solve these probs. As i said season 4 you never know Wink

santa ITS FUCKIN FREEZING santa
Back to top Go down

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Haha   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:23 pm

I think some people wouldn't do it

because they can't be arsed to do it.

I would do it like, even though i had a terrible season and every match is about the same - A lose
Back to top Go down
mark ro ballz
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
mark ro ballz

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm

its too problematic really an you cant trust for all stats to be accurate
if it was automted in fifa 10 it would be deadly but cant see it happening

anyone know when the new squads are gonna come out??
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:22 am

Mitch_Northzzz wrote:
i don't think it's a good idea becuase i for one don't care about any of these attributes, i don't read long match reports because again i don't care.

sounds ignorant but i mean i really can't diguise these facts

i'm sure there's a few people who do read them, but i bet the majority don't and don't want to write so much detail that is really not important.

Mitch dont know where to start. Firstly, you cant be bothered to read "long" match reports?. Mate, I dunno if you've ever read anything "long" before, but reading 2 or 3 paragraphs really shouldnt be a struggle. Also, you say that match reports are "really not important". Well no of course not in the greater sCheme of things - and neither is this site - but for christ sakes if u gonna be a part of the site (which is essentially an extension of a computer game) then at least be prepared to play the "game" properly? Mitch no offense mate, but if your views were in the majority, then this site woud not be as good or as fun as it is now. Good thing they're not then, eh?
Back to top Go down
Keeno1984
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Keeno1984

Number of posts : 1064
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:47 am

here here chronic (mitch dont think you get the site mate)

You seen to be very negitive when ever a new idea comes around, and ive read some comments in chaxbox by yourself which also seem pointless

the one that sticks out just now is when someone asked why cant we play week 19 ?

and your reply was because of the admins power trip (or somthing along those lines)

Think you should decide what your doing mate if your not with us theres no point being here.

P.S Dont expect everyone to agree with everything btw, but it seems to be constant with you.

Anyways il leave the decision up to you, im sure i was on another site with yourself, and you always play your games and are very active.
Back to top Go down
DKBlaps (Chelsea)
Professional
Professional
DKBlaps (Chelsea)

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:29 am

I personally like the "long" match reports (if 3 paragraphs can be classed as long) and I think they add allot edge to each game. If for example the super cup final had of been posted:

Newcastle 1 - 2 Roma

I would have been very disappointed. the match reports give a feel for the match and lets you know how the game unfolded and really gives you a view of what went on. Fair enough people cant always be bothered when its hull away and you win 1-0 in a nothing game (no offence hull!) but its nice to read and get a feel for the games - would have like to watch the super cup final if it had been possible because afterall this site is trying to be as real as possible so a match report is the best way to do that!

In terms of this idea, just a brainstorm but what about the following:

PHP standard submit to MySQL form with the obvious fields i.e. Possesion, passing, tackles etc - One person fills it out but it wont submit to database without the other person approving via PHP/MySQL??

You can easily set up a seperate MySQL database with generic read/write permissions that would not affect the league table etc and then create a PHP/Mysql lookup to average the data and display on or as a web page??

Just a thought sorry if its a bit rough
Back to top Go down
Mitch Northzzz - Depor
Professional
Professional
Mitch Northzzz - Depor

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:11 am

"the one that sticks out just now is when someone asked why cant we play week 19 ?

and your reply was because of the admins power trip (or somthing along those lines)"

That was meant to be satirical sorry you took offense, i said it as a joke.

I honestly think you guys do a great job with this site and do want to be part of it with any team.

RE: Not reading match reports, i said it'd come across as ignorant didn't i. It's great that some people write long match reports and i'm surprised more people read them than i presumed but i'm honestly only really interested in the my results and results that affect me, as i'm sure a few others are. I don't think should be seen as incorrect because it is up to any individual as to what they do, it's a subjective argument either way but i always play my fixtures, never quit and always post results and scorers even though a lot of people don't bother to post if they lose.
Back to top Go down
Mitch Northzzz - Depor
Professional
Professional
Mitch Northzzz - Depor

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:15 am

Another thing i've just realized yeh for really important matches they are interesting, when i spoke about my dismay for them originally it was just concerning league match games, say for example maybe a 7-0 victory for Chelsea against West Brom. If i was the West Brom manager i'd find it quite patronising for the other guy to write a 2-3 paragraph report about how he beat him so emphatically.

Also i apologise if i offended anyone with my first post.

Last edited by Mitch_Northzzz on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:19 am

mitch sorry if i came accross rude in any way i didn't mean that at all.

of course its up to you if you want to read a match report or not, its just that saying its not important kind of goes against the whole idea of the site.

also for people that dont post just beause they lose - how insecure do you have to be with yourself to have to deny to yourslef that you lost in a computer game?

nothing against you per se mitch, i just think its a bad attitude if we want the site to get even better. sorry if there was any confusion

Last edited by chronicwombat on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mitch Northzzz - Depor
Professional
Professional
Mitch Northzzz - Depor

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:23 am

Yeh i agree about the whole insecure thing, it's stupid it's just a game isn't it. There are people who have become hostile in the chatbox because they've lost in the past though which goes against the fun element of this site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Match stats idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match stats idea   Match stats idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Match stats idea
Page 1 of 1