fifa360.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fifa360.co.uk

Fifa360 Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player Suspensions

Go down 
+5
Keeno1984
Gaz Eat World(Galacticos)
chronicwombat
lfcdavey16 (AS Roma)
DKBlaps (Chelsea)
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DKBlaps (Chelsea)
Professional
Professional
DKBlaps (Chelsea)

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:50 am

Yo,

We have all played people - its 1-1 and the 88th minute, you get past the last defender and your sprinting with the ball towards goal only to be hacked down ruthlessly by the last man - he gets a straight red but your 30 yard freekick and him only having 10 men for the last 2 minutes doesnt really give you an advantage or him a disadvantage for whats happened - they secure the point when you had a real chance of taking all 3

Was thinking maybe wikidot should do suspensions? i.e. if you have a player sent off you cant play them for 1/2/3 games - whatever the standard suspension they introduce.

Obviously this would be down to people posting in the scores when people have been sent off (i think most do anyway). this would really cut down on reckless challenges as most have a starting 11 with no backup so if they get someone sent off they are really gonna suffer in the next game?

What you guys think?
Back to top Go down
lfcdavey16 (AS Roma)
Professional
Professional

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 am

agreed
Back to top Go down

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:24 am

You get punished for taking someone out by getting a red card. Both teams can take the opposition down when they are on for a goal and it's your fault if you don't and they do. As for the last minute tackles they are dirty but it's fair as you don't want to lose. It's dog eat dog on that pitch and if it means getting a ban I don't think it will make a difference much as I'd still take people out. If it's a league/cup game and if the oppositon could score and you are going to drop points I'm sure plenty of people would do it, whether they admit it or people find out on pitch. What about time wasting? You get carded for that in real life but not in the game. Next people will be moaning about it and trying to get something sorted about that. I would time waste for 89 minutes if I scored in 1st minute if I really needed to win, I've never done it but both teams go out to win and by any legit means possible in real life, so why not do it in the game?

To all those people I took out, send me the hospital bill for your players injuries and I won't pay it, I'll just put it up in my hall of fame Wink
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:54 am

i totally agree with u blaps. i think the "hacking the last man in last few mins" situation is getting worse and worse on this site. im experiencing it in a lot of games. Its bad sportsmanship and it isnt punished enough. I dont see why suspensions should be a problem. People are trusted to post scores if they lose so why not red cards?

renegade as for ure arument that things like time wasting arent punished i not sure what u r talking about. When ure keeper has the ball u dont get long before he kicks it - i dont see that as time wasting. If u mean just knocking it around the back well u dont see that getting punished in real life do you?? not like hackin someone gettin a red then suspension.

its obvious why u wouldnt want this brought in ren because ure squad is tiny and u would have suspensions all the time.

a qoute from ren in chatbox:

"[12:59:45] xUKx Renegade : its
only once every now and then when i take ur person out from behind, my
defence cant deal wif nistelrooy even nesta cant hold him back so i
take him out
"

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in my opinion this is disgusting. Nistelrooy has 75 pace lol. Why doesnt renegade, the MILAN manager tell stoke, espanyol, osasuna, sunderland, udinese etc. etc. that nesta cant handle nistelrooy, cause their defenders can and do on regular occasions. U cant deal with him with milans defense though and have to revert to hacking? twice in 3 games?? i think its absolutely pathetic and says a lot for ure defending skills.

Last edited by chronicwombat on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 am

It's not just about pace, it's also about strength and aggression and balance.
Time wasting like running to corner flag and waiting there can get you carded in real life. So when people do it on the game and don't get carded or a foul to the opposition why is that right and suspending players is?

I don't mind Wombat if suspending players happens, I'll still take people out in order for me to win.

It's just another complaint for people who lose and blame luck/boosting/unfair player/etc. Just another thing to moan about. Some of you moan more than bitches and play football like them too.
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 am

xUKx Renegade wrote:
Time wasting like running to corner flag and waiting there can get you carded in real life.

dunno what games u r watching lol think about what u r saying ren. i have seen players take the ball to the corner flag thousands of times and not ONCE have i seen a foul given for it. I mean its a stupid thing to say how can it be a foul by playing the ball in a part of the pitch lmao.

PS. nesta - accelaration 77, sprint 79, strength 82, balance 85
nistelrooy - acceleration 78, sprint 76, strength 86, balance 88

oh yeah now i can see why nesta cant handle him cause he's obviously much worse lmao. What makes it even better - the iceing on the cake, is that this is coming from someone who has rooney and ronaldinho!! unbelievable.

Last edited by chronicwombat on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DKBlaps (Chelsea)
Professional
Professional
DKBlaps (Chelsea)

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 am

chronicwombat wrote:
xUKx Renegade wrote:
Time wasting like running to corner flag and waiting there can get you carded in real life.

dunno what games u r watching lol think about what u r saying ren. i have seen players take the ball to the corner flag thousands of times and not ONCE have i seen a foul given for it. I mean its a stupid thing to say how can it be a foul by playing the ball in a part of the pitch lmao.

PS. nesta - accelaration 77, sprint 79, strength 82, balance 85
nistelrooy - acceleration 78, sprint 76, strength 86, balance 88

oh yeah now i can see why nesta cant handle him cause he's obviously much worse lmao. I just cant believe that this is coming from someone with rooney and ronaldinho. unbelievable.

lol he has a very valid point, never ever seen someone carded for keeping the ball at the corner flag? scratch
Back to top Go down

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:41 am

Nistelrooy is stronger and faster.

If you time waste in real life it's considered an offence and you can get carded for it. Do some research rather than sit on your xbox or fifa360 all day.

----------

In association football], the main methods of timewasting include bringing substitutesSubstitute (football)

A substitute is a player in football who is brought on to the football pitch during a match in exchange for an existing player....
on
at a very late stage in the game, while the players substituted players
can waste time by being slow when leaving the field. Players may also
feign injury, kick the ball away (now a mandatory yellow cardYellow card

Sport A yellow card
is used in many sports as a means of cautioning a player regarding his
or her conduct, or indicating that a player is to receive a certain
level of punishment....
offence), obstruct the taking of a quick free kickFree kick

A free kick is a method of resuming play in various football, including:* Football** Indirect free kick...
by an opposing player, or delay the taking of their own free kicks or throw ins.

Teams have also been accused of timewasting by instructing (or allowing) their ballboyBallboy

ballboy is a 4-piece indie band from Edinburgh, Scotland. They are very particular about the lower case 'b' in their name....
s to delay returning the ball for the away team to take a throw in or a corner kickCorner kick

A corner kick
is a method of restarting play in a game of Football. It was first
devised in Sheffield under the Sheffield Rules in 1867. It was adopted
by the The Football Association in 1872....
. UEFAUEFA

The Union of European Football Associations, almost always referred to by the acronym UEFA , is the administrative and controlling body for European football ....
warned the Scottish Football AssociationScottish Football Association

The Scottish Football Association is the Sport governing body for the sport of football in Scotland....
about this following a complaint by FrenchFrance national football team

The French football team
is among the top teams in international football, having won the 1998
FIFA World Cup and coming second in the 2006 FIFA World Cup....
coach Raymond DomenechRaymond Domenech

Raymond Domenech is a former France football player and the current manager of the France national football team....
following a 1-0 victory for ScotlandScotland national football team

The Scotland national football team
have played international football longer than any other nation in the
world along with England national football team, whom they competed
against in the world's first international football match at the West...

Source - http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Timewasting
--------

I'm going to find the one where if you stand at your conrer flag or in 90 min keep passing to defenders and slowly dribble it to the throw in line then kick it out for a throwing on purpose and deliberately waste time - a foul is given.
Back to top Go down

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 am

This proves my point on kicking the ball out, I'm now looking for the holding up ball at flag one. This is also from the same page(source) as he last time wsting rules.

Although punishment for timewasting tends to happen towards the end of
a game, as does the offence itself, it can happen at an early stage of
the match. During a game in 1972 between Norway and the Netherlands in RotterdamRotterdam

Rotterdam , located in the province of South Holland, is the second largest municipality in the Netherlands....
, the Norwegian goalkeeper, Per Haftorsen, received a yellow card for time-wasting after only five minutes.

In December 1979, during a Division One game between LiverpoolLiverpool F.C.

Liverpool Football Club are a professional football club based in Liverpool, in the north west of England....
and Derby County, Roy McFarlandRoy McFarland

Roy McFarland is an football coach and previously a player for Tranmere Rovers F.C., Derby County F.C....
was
booked for timewasting after kicking the ball into the stands after
just two minutes of the ninety (Derby having taken a lead -
unexpectedly - from a penalty kickPenalty kick

A penalty kick
is a type of free kick in football, taken from twelve yards out from
goal and with only the goalkeeper of the defending team between the
penalty taker and the goal....
after just 20 seconds of the match).
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:06 am

ren i dont know whether to laugh or cry.

the first example is irrelevant because it invloved ballboys. and what else? two dubious/obscure examples from the 70's?? lol please....

oh and whats with all the definitions? i think we all know what a penalty kick is lol

shall i spend some time now writing out a list of players who have been suspended for recieving a red card after taking out the last man? lol
Back to top Go down

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:12 am

It came with the text I didn't mean to C+P all of it. Also the 70's rules still count, read it up.
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 am

ok ren fine so those two incidents happened but they were nearly 30 yrs ago. so u r saying that in 30 years no one else has timewasted??

tbh this is way off track anyway. im not bothered about timewasting at all its a stupid conversation. suspensions are a serious debate

Last edited by chronicwombat on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 am

your actually trying to prove that you can get booked for keeping the ball in play and standing in the corner ren? are u having a laugh, thats stupid, the only get booked if they commit a foul whilst holding an opposing player off. you cant be booked for keeping the ball mate.

and as far as this hacking business, im 50/50 on it, i can understand in last minute if your winning 1-0 but i supoport the suspension idea. but hacking down in firsdt half or 2nd half is a joke and proves the skill level of the player if they worried they cant score with 20+minutes left lol
Back to top Go down
Keeno1984
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Keeno1984

Number of posts : 1064
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:28 am

OMG

Proberly the weirdest topic ive read, On the tangent there is no chance you can get booked for time wasting

On the real subject, we thought about this in season 1, i think Blue Steal raised it also in season 2.

Its a great point Blaps and something we would defo want to do however there is know way to implement it.

Even if the player posts it in the forum. (Which if he did we could Edit the Squad Page)

Theres nothing to stop him playing him next time, his next opponent would need to check the Team page before the game and make sure. But not everyone would do it

So it would be 2 inconsistent, people would risk it hoping the opponent hasn't checked, and theres nothing we can do about it.

Its similar to the Injuries we want to bring in. (BTW this is another Tangent)

To stop People simply having tiny squads with 11 amazin players and 7 or 8 66overalls,

We wanted to Bring in random injuries where the database would randomly pick Players to get injured for a period of games, making sure every team got a least 1 injury and at most 4, This way you would need to build more of a squad.

Which is similar to the Suspensions as we cant guarantee players will follow.

I mean i think it would work in the Premiership as we have Top Players who have in most been with us from the start, however we cant prioritise leagues it wouldn't be fair.
Hopefully nearer the end of this season we will have 84 managers in place and settled, then we can possibly look to do it.

When ive still got members playing with Original Squads and Members not checking the Homepage often enough, you can see my pessimistic view on members checking Squad Pages.

Nice to see yous thinking outside the box again looking to improve (Raising the Bar) Wink

As usual anyone has any ideas how we could implement this feel free to post away
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Back onto timewasting for a second.... I found this and just thought it was too funny not to post:

"The booking of Swiss player Paulo Diogo for timewasting following a goal celebration was considered controversial. Diogo had caught his wedding ring on
the metal perimeter fence of the ground while celebrating his goal for
Servette, which led to him tearing off his finger - the delay was
caused by Diogo and the match stewards searching for his finger."

ouch unlucky m8 lol!
Back to top Go down
I aleksnder I
Professional
Professional
I aleksnder I

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:12 pm

this is getting tooo complex , please someone summerise it for me, cause I don't understand a word of this ,LOL
Back to top Go down
Mitch Northzzz - Depor
Professional
Professional
Mitch Northzzz - Depor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: love you   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:14 pm

I'M NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE, JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

Sometimes this game gives away fouls and yellows in the most questionable of circumstances, i had a player yellowed once from running down the wing and i held x to cross it so instead he slide tackled to try and win the ball and in turn somehow took down another player who was running behind him, i swear he didn't even touch him but he went down as if he'd taken him out from the back.

So yeh imagine a 2nd yellow a.k.a RED for this.
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:12 pm

?
Back to top Go down
Keeno1684
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
Keeno1684

Number of posts : 274

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:29 pm

chronicwombat wrote:
?
confused lol!
Back to top Go down

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:58 am

a yellow card for keepin possesion of a ball in the corner u avin a laff dont be stupid i play football every weekend and time wasting like that has to be done and i cant ever recall anybody in my life getting even a foul for it were u from the usa or something
Back to top Go down
Mitch Northzzz - Depor
Professional
Professional
Mitch Northzzz - Depor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:42 am

Mitch Northzzz - Depor wrote:

Sometimes this game gives away fouls and yellows in the most questionable of circumstances, i had a player yellowed once from running down the wing and i held x to cross it so instead he slide tackled to try and win the ball and in turn somehow took down another player who was running behind him, i swear he didn't even touch him but he went down as if he'd taken him out from the back.

I was playing my mate yesterday and this EXACT thing happened, straight red.
Back to top Go down
mark ro ballz
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
mark ro ballz

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 pm

there is no way you can do red cards as people will just lie and play them anyway it is a dirty thing to do takin someone down through on goal but even the best have to do it in the circumstances

by the way yellow card for keeping the ball? renegade is mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Suspensions   Player Suspensions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Suspensions
Page 1 of 1