fifa360.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fifa360.co.uk

Fifa360 Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Go down 
+2
samuel526(udinese)
Macleanie PAFC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Macleanie PAFC
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
Macleanie PAFC

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-11-03

END OF SEASON REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:22 pm

So its the end of the footballing season, i like many am gutted..but just wondered peoples thoughts on the season.

For me Roy Hodgeson is the prem manager of the year. Yes yes fergie won the prem for the 11th time BUT fulham escaped relegation last season via a miracle..something boro, newcaslte and west brom cudnt pull outta the bag...but not only that this season he takes his side to 7th...qualifying for the new europa league..Amazing. He doesnt have the best team in the world at all, but he is an amazing manager. MANAGER OF THE SEASON.

Player of the season, now this is obviously difficult picking out one player from 20 teams of 18-30 players. However a few stand out..I believe the best and most consistent players this season have to be..Schwarzer, Dempsey, Osman, Carrick, Anelka, Nelsen, Van persie and Gerrard...But my player of the season goes too VIDIC..absolutely solid in probably the best team in the world..he has come on in leaps and bounds since his 4.5m move to the prem. Ferdinand and Vidic the best Centre backs partnership in prem.

Best addition to the prem, has to be Arshavin..i am so amazed as his quick feet and passing ability..he is utterly amazing to watch. He can create soemthing out of nothing and is that player that arsenal need since henry left. Im glad he's at arsenal, where we can witness him at his best...but what makes it for me is that moment wen he was tackled in the box and he got up and said it wasnt a penalty..wagging his finger at the ref..yet a pen was given. I have never seen anything like this..only time i can remember was an incident with fowler who did a similar thing.

Many congrats to Burnley for getting into the prem, for birmingham and wolves..i believe burnley will survive and the other 2 will be joined by hull to go down next season. Liverpool will win the prem with united and chelsea just behind. Very Happy

Also a big shout to Gianfranco Zola who has done a tremedous job at west ham, he walks into management at the highest level and pulls off a blinder, he has much respect and he will be one of the best managers in the world imo.

wut are ur views?
Back to top Go down
Macleanie PAFC
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
Macleanie PAFC

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:06 pm

luk..someone please reply..i dint write all that for natin!

Express ur views lads

C'mon..u cann do it!!

Terms and conditions apply: ie no swearing..or any hint of textual abuse to any member..infact dont even mention another members gamertag..pay for the consquences. Keep it purely real. Real season. Real football.
Back to top Go down
samuel526(udinese)
Professional
Professional

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:18 pm

To be honest, i think that Harry Redknapp has done the best job. He took over Spurs when they were sitting bottom of the prem and at the end of the season, just missing out on a european spot.
He brought back keane, Defoe and Chimbonda (which i wonder about). Keane and Defoe both made an amazing contribution to the teams but Chimbonda never got a game.

The best team this season in the prem, is by far Stoke City who have made their homeground a fortress. Tony Pulis has done a great job with Stoke in the prem. Managing to stay clear of the relegation zone is good for Stoke.

I really wanted West Brom t make the great escape, but it sadly wasn't to be, maybe they will come back up next season.
Back to top Go down
I aleksnder I
Professional
Professional
I aleksnder I

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:56 pm

It was ok season.

High point was Man Utd Winning it AGAIN.

I never expected 'Boro & Toon to go down, then again, I never expected few of the teams that got up.
Back to top Go down
Keeno1984
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Keeno1984

Number of posts : 1064
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:09 am

I agree with pretty much everything you said mac

Almost Very Happy

Wouldn't give Vidic Player of the Season as, he had a shocker against Liverpool and a dip in form for a few games. (defo Ferdinand and Vidic best Partnership tho)

My Player of the Year is and im not joking here Danny Murphy, don't care what anyone says hes still got it some of the precision in his passing is barca quality. Not sure how many(but i bet theres not many Fulham goals he wasnt involved in this season)

Also think Big Alex has really established himself this season seems to work well with Terry.

Arshivan has defo been the best addition to prem, 4 goals against Liverpool where amazin.

I also think Burnly will stay up however i feel Wolves might do it also.

My big shout out is going to Tony Pulis, and the 25-30,000 Fans that made Britania Stadium the fortris it was last season.
Well Done Stoke.

Ill finish with a quick trivia question

West Brom got relegated from the Premiership for the 3rd time, There is only 1 club who have yo-yo'd more. (4 times in total)
NAME THAT CLUB.

Laters afro
Back to top Go down
IXI SM1TH IXI
Professional
Professional
IXI SM1TH IXI

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:04 am

off topic but I reckon Wigan, Pompey, Hull and Birmingham will be in the relegation battle next season
Back to top Go down
Macleanie PAFC
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
Macleanie PAFC

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:21 am

Keeno1984 wrote:

Almost Very Happy

Wouldn't give Vidic Player of the Season as, he had a shocker against Liverpool and a dip in form for a few games. (defo Ferdinand and Vidic best Partnership tho)

My Player of the Year is and im not joking here Danny Murphy, don't care what anyone says hes still got it some of the precision in his passing is barca quality. Not sure how many(but i bet theres not many Fulham goals he wasnt involved in this season)

Also think Big Alex has really established himself this season seems to work well with Terry.

Arshivan has defo been the best addition to prem, 4 goals against Liverpool where amazin.

My big shout out is going to Tony Pulis, and the 25-30,000 Fans that made Britania Stadium the fortris it was last season.
Well Done Stoke.

West Brom got relegated from the Premiership for the 3rd time, There is only 1 club who have yo-yo'd more. (4 times in total)
NAME THAT CLUB.

Laters afro

Ahh yeah, totally forgot about stoke..Tony Pulis is an ex-argyle manager as well Neutral. Stoke do deserve a lot of credit too.

And to the trivia question..its got to be...Crystal Palace? scratch

P.S i wanted to mention Murphys name but i had too many fulham players there lol..i would have been mistaken for a fulham fan..Which quite frankly isnt on..lol

Last edited by Macleanie PAFC on Wed May 27, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Macleanie PAFC
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
Macleanie PAFC

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:23 am

IXI SM1TH IXI wrote:
off topic but I reckon Wigan, Pompey, Hull and Birmingham will be in the relegation battle next season

I agree mate..howevver only wigan IF steve bruce leaves for sunderland...cause Steve Bruce would never get a team relegated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kings Of Jason (pompey)
Chat Box Mod
Kings Of Jason (pompey)

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Keeno1984 wrote:

Almost Very Happy

Well Done Stoke.

NAME THAT CLUB.

Laters afro

wolves wont stay up imo but they have a very wealthy backer in steve morgan if he throws some cash at it then they might!!!! burnley will be royally fucked if owen coyle goes to celtic but like stoke they can make turf moor a fortress no1 will like going there!!!

player of the year for me is a fulham player some1 i believe more influential than danny murphy he was unknown when he first arrived step forward ............brede hangelaand beast of a centre back surely detined for a bigger club also mentions for carrick who has been immense at man u also fuller at stoke along with abdoulaye faye and shawcross at the back horrible team to watch but effective in what they do.micheal turner at hull for me as been quality very strong in the air and scored some important goals.....jagielka and fellaini both pivotel in evertons success this season

newcastle team a major let down players like martins owen gutierez nolan steven taylor damien duff nicky butt viduka amazing that these players are part of a team that got relegated if there ever was a case of individuals who couldnt play together then this is the prime example (great isnt it) Laughing Laughing Laughing

middlesboro well really had it coming tbh alves forgot where the net is imo downing so overated never does enough for me only player to emmerge with credit was tuncay who tried hard imo tho boro lacked fight for it they really should regret sellin cattermole(some player he will be) hard as nails

as for the albion we yo -yo again reasons ? well lowest wage bill may be one though for me manager and chairmen has to shouder blame the chairmen is a nightmare the only common factor in all our relegations is our chairmen hes not a millionaire/billionaire so we have to cut our cloth accordingly though lack of "pushing the boat out" is annoyin we lost out on majid bougherra to rangers last minute deal also were about to sign frazier campbell before berba deal was confirmed also missing out on kevin thompson from rangers who would have been a great signing.As much as i love tony mowbray some of his tactics and signings have to be questioned meite from bolton was awfull valero from mallorca good player but any foreign player it takes time to adapt we didnt have that option. defensively we were awfull and punished for every mistake its a harsh league the prem and we were found wanting at both ends of the pitch

yes and before u say i know..................we shouldnt have got rid of kevin phillips Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

BOING BOING WE WILL BE BACK bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
IXI SM1TH IXI
Professional
Professional
IXI SM1TH IXI

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:10 am

Macleanie PAFC wrote:
IXI SM1TH IXI wrote:

I agree mate..howevver only wigan IF steve bruce leaves for sunderland...cause Steve Bruce would never get a team relegated Very Happy

yep only if Bruce leaves and scrap Pompey off the list now theyve been taken over by that Al Fayim guy... If Bruce stays at Wigan Wolves will be the one releagated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON REVIEW   END OF SEASON REVIEW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

END OF SEASON REVIEW
Page 1 of 1