fifa360.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fifa360.co.uk

Fifa360 Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Press Room

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-11-03

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi to all managers and welcome to the all new PRESS ROOM here ye can voice ye're opinions on upcoming games, played games, or any general issue's with your team, or season. ie player injuries, bad form, good form, great results, bad defeats etc.

Also we plan to randomly message managers about certain issue's and they will have the choice to respond or decline, if they decline this will be noted in the press room.

Also we would like it if managers would PM myself blue steal 07 (lfc) with any statements ye would like released to the press, ye dont have to wait for me to contact ye feel free to contact me. Please also note that not all statements will be posted, but we will try to make room for as many as possible.

So lets get the season rolling lads, the PRESS ROOM would like to wish all managers the best of luck for the new season.

we would also like to note that all interviews will be looked over and some items may be edited slightly or removed.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT MANAGERS ARE NOT TO POST THERE OWN OPINIONS(POSTS) IN THIS ROOM, ONLY POST'S THAT ARE CLEARED BY THE PRESS OFFICER WILL BE POSTED AND ADDED TO THE RELATED HEADING. ALL RANDOM INDIVIDUAL POSTS WILL BE DELETED. CHEERS ALL.

Last edited by Blue Steal 07 (lfc) on Sun May 10, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Our first item's are manager thoughts for the upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:12 pm

TITLE HOLDERS THOUGHTS FOR THE NEW SEASON

Barcelona manager statement

i think barca have a really good shout for the title this year

i really only bulked up the squad in the window to insure myself against injuries

my main rivals will be
real madrid
villareal
sevilla
valencia

Inter Milan

I felt that my squad didnt need improving after a good showing last season, that is why i was so quite in the transfer market, only selling one player; dacourt.

after a perfect 100% record last season, it is impossible to improve in the league, and that may be hard to repeat. And my focus this year will be winning a cup competition, as i was dissapointed last season.

i am hoping for a bit more of a challenge in the league from my rivals this season, and my goal is to win it all.

thanks

Chelsea

Well I am looking forward to the season ahead and happy with last seasons form and results. The premiership was very tough last season and i feel its even tougher this season with teams really strenghtening their squads and looking like they will cause problems.

Portsmouth have bought some quality buys and I see them being a major threat this season, allot of people under estimate them and with the quality they have now alongside a good manager such as jason I think they will be challenging.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston villa, Liverpool, Man united and Man City are still big players and the crown could go to anyone of 4 teams - it will be close this year but Chelsea will be taking each game as it comes. I think we have a very good chance of retaining the crown for the 3rd consecutive season but it will not be easy. Personally our biggest threat and biggest rivalry tends to lay with Man City due to allot of history there but i see the title race coming down to Chelsea, Portsmouth & Man City but its far too early to guess.

I decided on not bringing any players into the team this year even though I was targeting a few big signings. There are a few reasons behind this as I'm sure many people are suprised by Chelsea's lack of movement in yet another window. 1) the squad is already strong enough to challenge for silverware 2) There has been a tactics revamp within the squad to maximise the players and 3) The right deal just wasnt available.

Chelsea's goals are pretty unchanged, we will mount a strong challenge for the prem but we are looking at adding that elusive european trophy and I hope we can do that this season.

Last edited by Blue Steal 07 (lfc) on Mon May 11, 2009 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:34 pm

NEWLY PROMOTED MANAGERS THOUGHTS

Blackpool

Hi there this is Keeno1984 the Blackpool Manager

After just coming up from the Championship, we are expecting a long hard Season in the Premiership our prime goal is to make sure that we have the same long hard season in Season 5.
For us anything above 17th is a bonus, however i would like continue that we are not here to just make up the numbers and no-one will have an easy game at Bloomfield Road.
Personaly im looking forward to locking horns with some of best managers in the Fifa360 Community again and hope to stay in this Division season after season.
Ive added alot more strength and pace to the squad, but tryed to keep the spine of the team together. We have alot more in depth compared with last season, obviously as we're playing at a higher standard but more importantly to cover injuries throughout the season. I feel i have every position covered as the squad is very flexable.
Its an old clichy but we're just going to take every game as it comes and try and do the city proud.

Thanks Very Happy

WATFORD

Well my expectations are this season are ofcourse to stay up but it's going to be very hard because the other great teams of the league but the sighnings I have made will just pinch it for us this season, this is our first season in the premier league and we won't dissapoint I swear to u Smile

Last edited by Blue Steal 07 (lfc) on Sun May 10, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:14 pm

PROMOTION CHASING TEAM STATEMENTS

Reading

From the failure of promotion last year, it's a new year to try again. I joined the club half way through last season when they were struggling to get out of the relegation battle, I secured them from this, however promotion was already out of the window. I was then offered a new contract to take The 'Royals' up to the Premiership this season, I assured the board and the fans I would do this. I recently slipped at the first hurdle when I lost 5-1 to a building Derby team with a very successful manager, in the Super Cup however, I believe a win is highly possible against this opponent in the league. I suppose getting knocked out of the Super Cup could be seen as a good thing also, so I can concentrate more on the league, which is clearly more important this season. When I first joined Reading the team was strong but in the recent transfer window I have added a couple more solid players and a couple of young players to improve the team in the long run. This season the crowds of the 'Madejski' stadium will be off their seats with the goals Reading will be scoring with some key strikers up front, not every game will be won but I am hoping for at least a place in the play-offs. Many other teams this season will also be pushing for it such as, Coventry City, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich, Wigan, Everton, Birmingham and Derby. I feel if i get draws and wins against these teams I am well on the way for a good position this season. The ROYALS will go up!

Thanks. Very Happy

Coventry City

Last year was a season of great success for Coventry City, when I arrived at the club they sat rock bottom of the table not even scoring one goal. I knew the task would be tough enough to get Coventry out of relegation let alone mid-table with the team at my disposal, luckily I joined during the transfer window so I could try to sign new talent. With the limited funds I bought who I could and really put together a decent looking squad, little did I know I'd pull off great results against clubs pushing for promotion which eventually made me a play-off contender. When the season ended I was over the moon reflecting on Coventry’s success, from 24th in the table to 5th with a six point difference between myself and 7th place. Since we were big outsiders to win the play-offs I wasn’t surprised to lose, which made the journey seem all for nothing.

My strike force has been greatly improved since the last season after I spend £38m in total to sign some deadly forwards. I also knew my midfield needed some work with Xavier Margairaz leaving the team for Real Madrid; I signed Maduro, Migliaccio, and Buzsaky on a permanent deal as well as young rising star Parejo. My defence was extremely strong last season and it didn’t need much work, Belenguer went back to Everton from his loan spell with us and Godin was eager to join us on loan which boosted our defence force.

Looking ahead to my opening fixture against Wigan I think I have a good chance against the recently relegated club. Viera will now lead the Coventry squad out after I decided to make him the captain, his performances in 90% of matches were fantastic and he deserved it more than anyone. Wigan will be a tough task with players such as Andriy Shevchenko, Kanu and Guardado available upfront for them. But I have faith in my defence and my own strike force, Keita and Ballesta have really impressed me in pre-season and with Jason Roberts also at my disposal I have a lot of potential choices.

Overall I feel I have built an extremely strong team and wish to challenge for the title itself, it will be another tough season but I can safely say that we are promising more attacking football. Last season we were criticized for our defensive tactics at times but now we’ll be criticized for attacking tactics as my forwards will be ripping up defences.

Cheers, Panda Mourinho.

Everton

"I was in 2 minds at the end of last seaosn afetr gaining promotion with Watford but once Everton asked me to take over the hotseat there was no real question, i have brought a few players in over the transfer window that will all be good aquisitions, after the first intial dissapointment of going out of the cup on peantlies the lads want to prove that Everton FC deserve to be back in the premiership, we aim to do that by bouncing straight back up, im please that we have got some more experianced players in this year to help the youngsters through in the likes of Pavel Nedved, Defoe will be a good signing we believe to play alongside Yakubu, so all in all im looking forward to getting Everton as a club need to be and deserve to be and that is in the top flight in English football!

Wigan

Well i think im going to have a great go at returning to the prem, i have made several transfers in and out to improve my team also trying people on loan e.g sami hyypia will help out in some prospectives. With my team i think it is important to be promoted to the premiership to play the likes of chelsea and arsenal.

Jckiller1995(wigan)

Birmingham City

the birmingham board are very delighted with rrSvdm 'also known as Randy' as manager and with all his experience so far they hope they can promote to the Premiership they are fully confirmed about Randy that he will doing great this season also they know that Randy will bring in some good players Randy is working again with 2 old Fiorentina players Storari and Marlon King were Randy maked Fiorentina the champions of the Serie A and Randy is full convident that these 2 players will not letting Randy down as far in the league and Supercup you can say that Randy is doing a great job atm eliminated Everton in the Super Cup and a draw in the league and currently no. 1 .

Cheers,
Randy the Birmingham Manager & the Birmingham Board

Last edited by Blue Steal 07 (lfc) on Tue May 12, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:23 pm

THOUGHTS IN GENERAL FROM VARIOUS MANAGERS

Stoke City

Hi this is oo AJ mufc oo the Stoke city Manager

After a successful last season for stoke under manager Calzy Ktid i aim to continue to improve standereds at the brittania stadium, I understand that the fans may be worried at my lack of priemiership managerial experience but i promise the fans that i will be challenging for the top 10 next season
I feel that with the signings that have come into Stoke have gave the squad more depth and ability to get into the top 10. I also believe that we can push on in the super cup and try to get passed the group stages again
The whole squad is looking forward to see what we can achieve this season and the general feeling is that we can again over achieve again, There is also competition for every position which means that all players have to fight for there place which means that no one is guarenteed a place in the team.
The whole squad cant wait to see what we can achieve this season and i believe that the fans at the brittania are one of the best crowds in the country.

Thanks Smile

Reggina

COLE UK - Proud to be newly appointed manager in first season in Serie A.

Took over with 2 days to go in the transfer window and although I managed to boost the clubs finances with a few sales I didn't manage to bring in the players I was targetting.

Forecasting a tough start in Serie A but if I can hold out until January and strengthen the team, hopefully we'll be ok.

Cheers.

Bolton Wanderers

This season we are hoping to achieve a top ten position, what to be honest, is not impossible. I feel that we have brought in good signings what will hopfully get us the top ten spot. As this is my second season with Bolton, I feel that I am getting on very well with the team. Season four will be a cracker as new teams are in the prem and some people may not know hot good these teams are.

Cheerz

Last edited by Blue Steal 07 (lfc) on Tue May 12, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:32 pm

La Liga - - Can you win the title ?

Real Madrid

I think we will definatley be challenging for the title this year. La liga is stronger than ever but we have a great squad of players and a hunger unlike no other, Los Golacticos are back, better than ever

Villareal

It comes as no suprise to us at Villarreal that we are being touted as one of the front runners for the title this season - we are a big club and we are used to the pressure. After a very underwhelming end to last season we are looking to kick off s04 with a bang - and one look at our transfer activity over the summer will tell you that we mean business.

Having said that, our first 2 games of the season look to be against very competent managers so we will be taking nothing for granted and I expect 110% from my boys in these opening fixtures.

I have no further comment at this time. The club will be holding a press conference after our first 2 games.

Thankyou,

chronicwombat

Valencia

Well for starters theres alot of team that have bought in some quality players which is going to be a big upset to some big teams out there, i also have bought some good talent players to valencia which i know are good but just need to find what is best postion for them to play but with winning anything will only see and hope to give those team who think there the boys out the a run for it

Seville

Since my arrival at the club, Sevilla have always ended the season at the business end of the table. We have progressively built season upon season - And this year will be no different.

We have had a very poor start to the season loosing 3-0 to Sporting Gijon, but the players have put this result behind them and are ready for our upcoming matches.

As for title challengers? Well I would not be doing my job correctly if we were not challenging for honours this season. I think we are going to have a close run affair with all of our top teams dropping points - We have already had a set back, but I'm not too down-hearted by it.

We have a big game with Real Madrid coming up, I'm not saying it is a must win, but it will certainly be an up hill struggle from then until the end of the season if we don't take something from the match.

As I say though, I believe the title will be a lot closer this year so even if we do drop points early in the season we will certainly not be out of the race - even if some of my counter parts would argue otherwise!

Athletico Madrid

Although we have got off to a solid start to the season, i still think the title is still a bit to far this season.
There are 2 or 3 sides who look really strong at the moment, but with a bit of luck with results and injuries i dont see why we should not be in the top 4 come the end of the season.

There was a lot of speculation surrounding David Villa in the last transfer window and i would like to make it clear that he is happy at the club and not for sale.

Deportivo

I'm playing down my chances of winning the title this season. There's a host of teams with great squads and anybody within the top teams in la liga (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Villareal, Deportivo, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla) has a realistic chance of knocking Barcelona off their perch. I serve to ascertain the fact that Barcelona's squad is still looking brilliant and any team will have great difficulty when coming up against that team in the league, hopefully with a few referee's decisions here and there somebody else can take the La Liga crown this season. Of course i wish the best of luck to Mark Ro Ballz but i personally would love to see another team prove their worth. As for my own chances i'm harbouring expectations of a top 6 finish at best really, my squad is good but i still don't think it is good enough to compete for the title. A personal challenge of mine would be to finish above Villareal this season as a bit of healthy competition seems to have developed between the two clubs following results last season.

Thanks Mr Steal

Last edited by Blue Steal 07 (lfc) on Tue May 12, 2009 1:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:35 pm

The Premiership - - Can you win it ?

Manchester United

i think we have a good chance but if we r going to challenge for the league i belive we will need to win more or less every game as it is so close and all the top teams r winning neither every week i wouldnt have took over at man utd if i didnt think we could challenge for the league i have brought in some good experienced players and man utd havent won the league yet on fifa360 but i belive we will be challenge for the title this season as you know the previous man utd managers have sold players like ronaldo rooney villa and messi for some reason and then left with the squad in a mess> i have brought in good experenced players in the window and tryed to bring some stability back to the club we might not win the league this season but we will have a good go at it and i can asure u that the players will be right up for it and 100 % commited. hopefully with time in the next 2 seasons or so man utd will be back at the top of the league and will be the team to beat

Manchester City

Yes as a team we enjoy all the hype, this club is at the level it shud be at, competing for everything with success in mind. After last seasons disappoinment in the league its nice to know the press are still considering us as title challengers, especially with the high level of football in the prem. Ive been fortunate to see the prem strengthen since season 1 and i believe we've managed to go with the flow and strengthen as a unit too. We need to be consistent and aim for that top spot.

I have always taken every game seriously and always one at a time. I do not worry about the teams around me, i need to focus on my own objective. Chelsea are the force to break down, and when that game comes round i will treat it as i would a game against anyone else in this league. Anything can happen in football, all we can do is try our best, but expect to see a challenge for the prem, and all i can say to the 'Always the bridesmaid never the bride' quote aimed at manchester city is, 'This is our city' and 'Our time'.

Im here for the long term, but 2nd place or 3rd place is no good anymore..We will do everything in our power to fight for top space.

Manchester city manager- Macleanie PAFC

Arsenal

I have to say that the media are right. Last season was a very hard season in the Prem, we saw a lot of managers resigning from big clubs because of the high pressure of the league, but me on my first season as Arsenal manager, and my squad were not under pressure and finished 2nd just behind the powerful team of Chelsea, which lost only one match during the whole season.I think we definitely have our chance this season again to be champion, because I know my squad better and made some change on weak spot, and I fill more confident than ever.

Thank you, Diegosly

Aston Villa

i have hope in my starting 11 and my subs, as long as no injuries occur we will be aiming for that title and anything less will be dissapointing. In the training grounds i have seen full potential and effort with the lads, this shows from the first preformance against west ham. The 4-0 win has got us off to a great start and im sure that we will keep winning and progressing foward

Last edited by Blue Steal 07 (lfc) on Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Seria A - - - Can you win the title

Juventus

Even though there is stiff competition, we are warriors, and we will always fight till the very end so call it a war cry, Cause we are here for the long run, no matter what

Palermo

well as manager of palermo for a season now finishing 2nd in my 1st year in charge am hoping to improve on that by winning the title this year but its going to be tough with sum fresh faces in managing bigger clubs it can only make the league stronger so palermo will be aming for top no matter what but as long as european football is secured a dont see the board complanin with the squad i had last year i improved it in every way bringin in aguero and robben i have also added to it this yer with pazzini cole senna raul which makes our attack more deadly and this should lead to palermo having a wonder season.

thanks

McCann

AC.Milan

I am the best manager in the world and i will definately be challenging for the title.I will also be challenging for the super cup.I have made this club bigger by bringing in a few new players enlarging my squad for the long season ahead.I am prepared for any injuries that may occur and feel this club are at it's peak,ready to start winning things.Also this club are currently not in the champs cup so the players will be more focused on the league and super cup.One thing is for sure though,I can guarantee this club will be in the champ's cup next year,but for now I am focused on the league and Super cup,cheers.

the italian press have dubbed hamo the new SPECIAL ONE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Press Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Press Room   The Press Room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Press Room
Page 1 of 1