fifa360.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fifa360.co.uk

Fifa360 Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Empty
PostSubject: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Mad Mad
Where do I start, have explained to keeno that I will prob be falling behind on my games as I wait on the return of my console. Its boxed up and being collected in the morn. Last time my console broke I had it back in 10 days. The very kind lady at microsoft support told me she'd say I should have this one back within 2 weeks.

Now here's the laughable part, my console broke down on wed, and I was in no rush to send it off as my friend dont use he's xbox much he said he'd give me a loan of his one till i got my one back.... So he dropped it off at my place on sat afternoon bout 2ish. I turned it on at bout 14:30 to sort out my transfers and get a few games in with my new look Liverpool squad. Think i got around 3 games in and went to the team page to try a new formation.... when guess what the console froze, so I turned it off and when I turned it back on I got the 3 RED lights yet again.

Funny thing is and this is where I need ye're help guys, turned it on bout 3 hours l8r and it worked for bout half hour then froze while I was playing GTA. but this time when I turned it off and back on it came on straight away with no probs.. left it at that till earlier today when I chanced turning it on again again and played GTA for approx 2 hours and it worked away fine.

Did any of ye ever have this situation and what should I do next, because I cant send it back to microsoft as the 3 red lights is not a permanent prob and is not covered under warranty unless it goes off and stays off. To fix a prob like the one I'm having with my friends xbox I have to pay..

Anyways just letting any teams ive to play early in the season chance's are i'll have to play ye next week or the week after depending on when I get my xbox back or if I can get my friends one up and running without this fault happening and freezing during games.

cheers for any help ye can offer me and soz for delayin league games if it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
Keeno1984
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Keeno1984

Number of posts : 1064
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 am

Cheers for letting us know Steal
Back to top Go down
Bosic84
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Bosic84

Number of posts : 964
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 pm

When I got RRoD last year...on the run up to the fatal day I had what you are experiencing now on your friends xbox.

Only difference is when it happened to me I got RRoD...left it a couple hours....turned it on and it was fine.....and maybe 5hours into playing it KO'd for good.

So I would recommend only playing it in short bursts...maybe just for league games or an hour here and there playing any other game until you get your own one back.

Coz from my experience you don't want to be playing hours on end.

Possible solutions on the other hand, When I got RRoD I googled possible solutions to hope I could find a cure....came across some things like the wet towel (which I was very scepitcal about) and also one where if you open the xbox up all you have to do it bend a chip back into place that overheats and bends out of place causing the RRoD. But again I was too scared to try it.

Google it and you might find something. other than that I dont have any ideas.

Cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
http://fifa360.wikidot.com
Coltomlive
1st Team Captain
1st Team Captain
Coltomlive

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 pm

If the console is out of warranty or you are not sending it back, you can do the x clamp fix.

Look on ebay for the x clamp fix just a few screws and washers won't cost you more than £4, then look on youtube to see it done.

Just be careful when removing the motherboard. Scratch it and your F*%ked.
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 pm

cheers lads tanx for the tips...

fingers crossed my m8 knows a fella workin in a toy store he's going to try swing a console exchange for him should know 2moz.

so all mite be ok. as I badly need 2 get some friendlys in to try some new formations and get used to my new signings... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:50 pm

lol! my m8s a great fella... he's buddy came thru 4 him and exchanged his console.
put it in as a 2nd hand return with red lights so got him an swap.

so all is good.
Back to top Go down
chronicwombat
Championship Moderator
Championship Moderator
chronicwombat

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:32 am

i know its all sorted now - but just a couple of things:

1. the towel trick really does work - i kept my last xbox running for 2 months by repeating it every 2-3 days Shocked

2. if u ever did want to make an xbox get rrod then the towel trick will do it. The rrod is basiacally a tiny bit of solder that gets melted because microsift cant design stuff properly and the xbox has rubbish ventilation (some new xbox's have sorted this by moving some curcuitry around). stupidly, the xbox can work fine with it melted but it just doesnt want to. By doing the towel trick u r tricking the xbox into thinking that it is overheating and it forgets about the bit of melted solder. but im sure if u wanted to get rrod then the towel trick should do it by overheating it!

ps. dont do it with wet towels!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)
Fifa360 Press Officer
Fifa360 Press Officer
Blue Steal 07 (wigan)

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:07 pm

cheers chronic

good to know, but I do wonder what would happen if you used WET TOWELS lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......   Liverpool fc 3 RED lights...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liverpool fc 3 RED lights......
Page 1 of 1